We’re looking forward to Scotland’s first national celebration of reading, Book Week Scotland from 26th November – 2nd December 2012. I’ll be out and about in Leith all week giving away free books and asking people “What is your favourite book?”
If you want a bit of help with a reading recommendation during the week you could try the League of Extraordinary Book Lovers:
To find out how the league works I talked to Miriam, Edward, Edward’s wee brother and Edward’s Mum. Watch the video on youtube:
Next I had a chat with Peggy Hughes. She’s in the league and is also one half of Edinburgh City of Literature. Peggy talks about the league and the exciting events coming up in Edinburgh. Watch the video on youtube:
To contact the League
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post a question to one of the League members on our Facebook wall
- Tweet your question to @bookweekscot or tagged #BWS2012
- Read more about them here.
Memories of Leith
We’ve got an exciting event here in the Library for Book Week Scotland. Memories of Leith takes place on Saturday 1st December at 3.30pm – 4.30pm and includes readings about:
- Leith in the early 1900s from Best Selling Author Millie Gray
- Leith in 1974 from My Favourite Place competition winner Marianne Paget.
- Growing up in Leith in the sixties with Leith Author Marianne Wheelaghan.
There will be cake!